Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Shandiin Tank & Tunic!


I've been wanting to share about these tops for forever and now I can!  Back in April, I was pattern testing an incredible new pattern from Sarah of LouBeeClothing.  It's called the Shandiin and is the perfect top for summer!


 
The yellow knit and butterfly print is one of the earlier versions, the final pattern has shorter straps and is a bit wider in the front.



 
The Shandiin Tank & Tunic comes in sizes 12/18 months - 8 years old (21" to 28" chest diameter).  Sarah includes some helpful hints on getting the perfect fit.  You really need to go off of the chest measurement, not age for this pattern.
 


 
Case in point...if you have a tall, slender teenager you might just be able to make the size 8 for her.  I'm loving the look of the white knit with the plaid woven!   



I mixed and matched knits and wovens for the first 3 tops but this one is all woven.  It's just as cute in one fabric as it is using prints and solids together.  The pattern comes with a button front version and also a puff hem option.  But it's that crescent cut-out in the back that first caught my eye and keeps me wanting to make even more Shandiin tops.:)

Shandiin Tank
 
Want to make your own Shandiin?  The pattern is available at the LouBeeClothing Etsy Shop and on Kollabora.
 

19 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love it! I caught the release earlier today. I haven't been buying anything that doesn't go up to size 14...but I'm not above begging sister in law to pick this one up! All your versions are adorable, but I think I like the blue tunic length best. Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The back of these tops is absolutely stunning! And you have truly mastered the art of mixing and matching fabrics; such stellar combos here. I love how each is so unique on each of your unique gals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is very cute and looks perfect for steamy Virginia summers! I am not looking forward to that part of our move home ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That humidity is a killer, isn't it? Thanks, Masha! Maybe when you're back state-side we could plan a meet up sometime.

      Delete
  4. Las tres versiones son monisimas!!.
    Que patron tan original!!.
    Besitos guapa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias por tres! Las chicas aman a sus nuevas cimas. :)

      Delete
  5. They all look great, Cindy, but I especially like the white / plaid one. Given that you can mix woven and knits, or use either by themselves, makes this a very versatile pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet those are going to get LOTS of wear this summer!!! Yes....it looks like a perfect summer top pattern :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. These tops look terrific. They look like they are quick and easy to make.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The all look terrific but I love the one for oldest daughter the best! It looks fabulous on her!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are all so adorable. I love how you matched the solids with the patterns. And I love how you make a size 8 for your oldest daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such cute tops and perfect for summer heat. I love the cut-out on the back. The knit ones look especially comfy :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Finally we get to learn more about these. They are all adorable. Awesome design in the back!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These all look great. Love the mix/match fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute pattern! I like the fabrics you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are fantastic! Off to do a little shopping....

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love them all, but especially K's. I showed Abs and she insisted I buy the pattern for her immediately;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brittney! I still need to hem K's top...it's been sitting by the machine for weeks.;)lol

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!