Monday, December 16, 2013

Penny Pinafore

Remember BK's fall dress from about 6 weeks ago? 

Mini Penny
 
Well, the Penny Pinafore isn't just for little girls! 
 
Penny Pinafore Tunic
 
 
Amanda of Kitschy Coo has released the teen/adult version today!  What about the girls' pattern?  Never fear, the Mini Penny (girls' version) will be released tomorrow.

Penny Tunic
 
pattern:  The Penny Pinafore by Kitschy Coo
size:  1, tunic version with long sleeves
fabric:  cotton blend knit stripes and black cotton/lycra, both from Girl Charlee (stripes were bought a while back but the black solid is a recent purchase)
 
I really love K's top and wish I'd saved this fabric for me.;) 
 

 
Penny Pinafore Tunic
 
The Penny Pinafore comes in 3 different lengths (tunic, mini dress, and knee length) and has 3 options for the sleeves (cap, 3/4, and long).  The princess seams are flattering and also provide lots of opportunity for color blocking.  There are 8 sizes ranging from a 30" to 44" high bust and a 24" to 38" high waist.  FYI, Amanda says that she considers this an intermediate pattern due to the princess seams and easing different curves into another. 
 
And for those of you looking for the Mini Penny, it's going to be released tomorrow!  Look for another post from me then, showing off MG's dress and the tunic version of the Mini Penny. 
 
*I did receive a copy of the Penny and Mini Penny patterns for testing purposes.  All opinions are as always my own.;)

20 comments:

  1. I like the tunic length! I had only seen it in the dress length that wasn't so much me. It's cute in the little girl sizes too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried out the dress length yet...but I do have fabric set aside for it! It will have to wait until after New Year's though!;) Thanks!

      C

      Delete
  2. The princess seams make it a very shapely and flattering top just perfect for K's figure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh...I love it as a tunic! I need to tackle the lady skater, but this might have to be my next pattern purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. :) I think it's very trendy with the color blocking.

      C

      Delete
  5. I really like this one, and think that Rosie will too. Love your chosen fabric combo

    ReplyDelete
  6. The princess seams are perfect, and your fabrics, as always, work beautifully... hope you get to make one of these for yourself as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually made 2 for myself as part of the testing process. Version 1 was in some dodgy fabric so I don't think I'll be keeping it. Version 2 I like better now that I've dyed the too light gray that I used for the sides and sleeves. No pictures yet but one of these days!! Thanks!

      Delete
  7. It looks great! Loving the stripes and princess seams - stylish and comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your teen version is very flattering - I love the color combo!
    I wish my knit stash was better stocked - The girls version would be quite a good addition to my girl's wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ana Sofia! Good knits are hard to come by. I wish I could find a reliable source. Most seem hit or miss these days.

      C

      Delete
  9. I really like this one ~ you are justified about wanting to keep this fabric for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While cleaning up today, I realized that I have enough left of those fabrics to make one for me. But I think I'll pass on the matchy matchy tops this time around.;) Thanks!

      Delete
  10. Oh my! I really love K's, it looks great on her and I heart the fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brittney! She loves it too.:)

      Delete
  11. Wow, that turned out beautifully. I may have to use that idea myself. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Some of the other testers did stripes and solids...it's a great look!

      C

      Delete
  12. Beautiful tunic! I wish tunics suited me better because I really love that style and the one you made.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!