Monday, December 9, 2013

In Threes

Have you ever come across a pattern (be it sewing/knitting/crocheting) and knew at once that you had to make it?  But then it takes years before you get around to it? 

The In Threes:  A Baby Cardigan by Kelly Herdrich has been one of those patterns for me.  I saw it about 3 years ago and wanted one for the little girls.  And every cute version of the cardigan I saw convinced me further that the little girls had to have one. 

I realized this year that if I didn't hurry up and make the pattern, the little girls were going to be too big for it.  So, I purchased the pattern and some yarn and then promptly asked begged my mom to knit it for me.;) 

My Rheumatoid Arthritis doesn't slow me down too much but activities like hand sewing, smocking, and knitting can be painful if I do them for more than 10 minutes at a time.  Thankfully, my mom was willing to knit the cardigan for me.  Thank you, Mom!


In Threes Cardigan
 
Size:  5 with extra length
Yarn:  I can't remember off hand what the brand was but it's 100% cotton, worsted weight (purchased at Jo-ann Fabrics)
 
 
In Threes Cardigan
 
BK surprised me by coming down this morning and asking if she could wear the cardigan.  She typically doesn't like to layer her clothes so I had thought that MG would be the only one to wear it.  BK proved me wrong!
 
In Threes Cardigan
 
Now that I know both girls will wear the cardigan, perhaps it's time to splurge on some yummy merino wool yarn!





19 comments:

  1. It's beautiful, Cindy! Maybe I should buy some yarn and ask my m-i-l to knit one up for my Carolin. (I have seen this pattern around too and it's so sweet)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cardigan. I have my mom do my knitting for the kids (and me) but just because it hurts my brain ;) Never mastered that skill! Though I'm occasionally tempted to try again just to be able to shop yarn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I made some things for MG when she was little...a bolero and some wool soakers to go over her cloth diapers. Much easier (and quicker) to have my mom do the knitting!

      C

      Delete
  3. Such a sweet little cardigan which looks fabulous layered with the long sleeved tee. I would totally wear a cardigan in this style. Great job, Mom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great color! I too know I have to "have" a pattern only to let it sit for a few years. At least you always have something in the "to make" pile! Ditto on the hand pain even though I don't have RA I do have other issue which prevent my crochet and knitting :( That hand pain can last for-ev-er. I'm glad your mom was able to make it up for you. It looks so cute and warm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mom's a hero; what a sweet cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's a pretty special lady!:) Thanks, Uta!

      Delete
  6. I love it!
    I usually don't really like store-bought cardigans, but I'm totally hopeless with knitting :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cindy una chaqueta preciosa, me encanta el color, seguro me animo a tejer una para el próximo otoño - invierno para mi nena.
    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colour of the cardi and can see it's going to be well worn. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet sweater! I have had the pattern saved to my favorites on Ravelry for a while. I knit something for Stella then for Luke so I think I may get to it next fall.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your mother did a lovely job of knitting. You picked a great pattern, looks like my type of knitting pattern, knitted in the round, top down, no seams to sew (I really don't like sewing up seams on the stuff I knit!)
    I didn't know you had RA, I have something similar ~ some day we will have to chat...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did!:) I gave her some yarn today to make another one for the girls...this time in purple.

      Luckily, my RA isn't severe and is controlled fairly well with med. It's more an inconvenience than anything. I didn't know that you had something similar...it certainly makes how you approach life a little different.

      C

      Delete
  11. Gorgeous cardi! I envy those who can knit (or who have someone willing to knit for them;) ).

    ReplyDelete
  12. I so wish I could knit Cindy. It is lovely.
    Very pleased to hear you say you are going to buy merino.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!