Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year!


I do apologize for the lack of posts and the fact that most of my recent posts either had to do with pattern testing or with guest posts.  I've been doing plenty of sewing but either I'm short on time or gumption to post about it.  That's why the posts that took priority were those that I had previously promised to do.  

Speaking of projects that I have promised to do, I just finished editing my pictures of the Clever Charlotte Chickadee Flip.  I can not wait until January 23rd to share what I did!  If you're thinking about participating in the sew-along over at Frances Suzanne, all Clever Charlotte patterns are on sale (20% off) until January 5 with the code HAPPY2014.;)

Now a quick round up of 2013 projects so I can start my 2014 sewing guilt free:


Total Sewing Projects:

107

Those 107 projects included:

35 Tops
22 Pants/Shorts/Skirts
17 Dresses
4  Swimsuits
9  Coats/Jackets
6  Pajamas
14 Miscellaneous (ties, robes, gift boxes, journal covers, change purse, hats, scarves)

A couple that have not been blogged before:

Chickadee Blouse 
Clever Charlotte Chickadee Blouse, size 7 with 8 length in City Weekend Floral Park Ramble blue

Ottobre stripe top 
Ottobre Design 01/07 #35, size 122 
mods:  lengthened the 3/4 sleeves to full length

I don't have pictures of everything.  A few were gifts that I didn't have time to photograph before giving.  I did finally make John a Negroni shirt but the weather has been atrocious for pictures every time he's worn it.  One of these days, I'll get photographic proof that I did indeed sew something for my husband!

I stepped up the "selfish sewing" and made 13 items of clothing for myself.  Including a Lisette Diplomat Tunic (Simplicity 1878)...

Diplomat Tunic


Dimplomat1



All in all, it's been a pretty successful sewing year once again!  There's not much I'll change for 2014, except maybe to plan a little better so I don't end up frantically trying to finish projects right before they are needed.  

How about you?  Do you have any sewing resolutions for the New Year?


Happy New Year!



24 comments:

  1. That's a LOT of sewing, Cindy. Your first photo is fabulous. The background is just perfect to show off the pretty blue of the top. Great going sewing 13 items for you. You look terrific in the brown tunic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, love that Lisette tunic! My main sewing resolution is to sew more for me this year. You are one productive lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome amount of sewing Cindy.
    Congratulations on all you guest posts.
    xx N

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you've sewn more than me!;) Thanks, Nicole.

      C

      Delete
  4. Wow, that's some serious production and it has all looked fantastic.
    Can't wait to see what you do for the Flip series

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, now I sort of want to count my projects!! I love your tunic too, those are great pics:) I'm also excited to see your flip- I'm rooting for ya!! Happy New Year-

    ReplyDelete
  6. 107!?!?!? You're killing us!! That's a feat to be proud of..... **And so proud of you for making time for selfish sewing!! We've got plans to do a little of that too in 2014 {insert audible gasp here}....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 107 seems like a lot but a good majority of it was the same pattern made several times or basics for both of the little girls. That kind of sewing always goes fast!

      Selfish Sewing for Ashley and Emily??? Say it isn't so! I can't wait to see what y'all do.

      Delete
  7. That's an amazing amount of projects.
    Best wishes for health and happiness for 2014 ..... with lots of sewing too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year to you and your family too. Very impressive list of things you've made! I'm not sure if I have too many resolutions except to enjoy my time in the sewing room. I hope to post on the blog today sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year Cindy! You've had an amazing sewing year, 35 tops!!!!!!
    Can't wait to see your "flip" xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job in 2013! The blue jacket is stunning and I really love the Lisette tunic :)
    I can't wait to see what you make up in 2014!! Happy New year Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is insane! Can't wait to see what is in store in 2014! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of that number were easy projects though, which always get sewn quick. Cleaning up the sewing space is what's in store for 2014!lol

      C

      Delete
  12. wow! I am so amazed. You are so inspiring. I want to make some matching doll clothes and outfits for my daughter. I am working on a coat for Stella now and think I'll make a matching one for Bitty Baby. Though the only clothes Bitty baby has so far are jammies. She can wear her wool coat over her nightgown.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cindy, you never cease to amaze me. With 107 sewing projects in one year you must have a huge sense of accomplishment. I'm debating about getting the Finch shorts pattern since it's on sale... you convinced me to get the Jasper Vest & Jodhpur pants...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can only say "Wow!!"
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You had a great sewing year! My favorite (or one of) is the Lisette Diplomat dress, of course. Here's to a great 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, you are amazeballs!! Great year of sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am amazed that you sewed so many things! Wow! Everything you have posted over the last year has been so fun and inspirational to read about. I probably bought a few patterns based on your posts!
    I really must make a resolution to pattern bust my stash this year. I bought those patterns for a reason and some have been unprinted, untraced and unloved for too long!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!